Top 5 Tips for Smarter Design With Kitchen Renovations
Making changes to your home is not just about making it look better. If you plan it right, your renovation work should help make it more functional and user-friendly.
This can be especially important in the kitchen because this is a room that is meant to be a utilitarian workspace. So before taking on this type of home renovation project, do some simple planning so that your kitchen renovations are a huge success.
Kitchen Renovations That Are Home Solutions
The kitchen has become the heart of the home and is a place that should be both user-friendly an visually stunning. Some tips to consider to end up with the kitchen of your dreams are:
- No matter the size of your kitchen, it will be much easier to use if you have landing space. This is an area of at least 15 inches directly next to the refrigerator, stove, and microwave for you to easily rest heavy items or perform certain tasks. You need an easily accessible space to pour a glass of juice or set hot foods.
- Plan wide walkways. It may feel like you are giving up some precious real estate but you'll appreciate this space once you begin using your kitchen.
- Know what you want to use your island. In some households, the island is for cooking, in others it’s for eating, and ins some cases it’s for both. Treat it accordingly and in instances when it's both, make sure you allow for enough space to keep the cooking and dining areas separated.
- Make it easy to go green. Have designated spaces for recycling so that you never have the excuse that you don't have room.
- Incorporate plenty of lighting. It is better to have more lighting than you need that you can dial back as opposed to wishing you had more lighting. Make sure you have the right amount of both natural and artificial lighting.
For the best possible results for your Ottawa home renovations, give Milowen General Contracting a call.